Booking your bike in for service
To give you better service we operate a booking system for our Bronze, Silver and Gold services and a 48hr turn around (subject to parts availability). That way we can plan our work and make sure that you have your bike when you need it. For minor servicing such as gears or brakes it's still best to phone ahead and book, although we can cope with some quick adjustments if you just drop by, however, please don't feel offended if we are busy and we are unable to oblige, so it is best to phone and book.
If you don't require a quick turn around or your servicing is more involved such a our Platinum or a hydraulic brake overhall, then please contact and use our servicing department at Bicycles by Design, Jackfield, where we have enough storage space and turn most work around in a 3-5 days. We can sometimes even fit in the odd small job there too, but be aware that we may have to say no if we are really busy. If your bike requires parts that we don't have in stock, then this can add a few days to completion time, but we'll always keep you informed.
To make life easy we have a wide range of fixed servicing charges.
Here is an idea of what we CAN do in our workshops:
- Full, high quality, servicing on any make and design of of bicycle wherever (and whenever) you bought it.
- We can true and tension bicycle wheels
- We can build wheels - at Bicycle by Design, Jackfield
- Hydraulic brakes generally need little servicing but when they do we can help you out there
- If parts need heating out or even melting, that's all in a day's work for us - at Bicycle by Design, Jackfield
- If there is a part required to be re-brazed we can handle that and we can maufacture specific parts - at Bicycle by Design, Jackfield
- Children's bicycles can be serviced although they can be viewed as disposable by some manufacturers
- We love restoring bicycles - so do not feel intimidated by your bicycle's condition. In the Bicycle Hub we can perform miracles
- AND finally we like to guide you to make the best choice in parts and accessories for your bicycle. If we do not have something in stock, items can GENERALLY be ordered and will be with us by the following WEDNESDAY or FRIDAY
We are service providers for West Mercia Police, Telford and Wrekin Council, Shropshire Council and independent businesses who supply bicycles for use by others. We can offer a service contract to ensure your bicycles are safe to use and regularly serviced. Please contact us for more information.